Monday, July 5, 2010

Yes or No


There is a direct correlation between the frequency of my "yeses" and Leah's "yeses". If I spend the day telling her no (as is usually the case on Sundays when, no we aren't going to watch a show on the way to church and no you can't jump on the pew and no you can't sing "I Am A Child of God" at the top of your lungs during the sacrament) then she is much less agreeable. And seems prone to 'accidentally' smacking her brother in the head with a broom or kissing him until he falls over. Sweet, but maybe a bit unfair to the innocent little bystander.

So today is a YES day. Yes, we will play in the water all morning, and yes, we can have a tea party for lunch and yes, tonight we will go to the library to load up on new books.

And, not surprisingly, her yeses are coming much quicker, too. Yes I will take off my dripping wet swimsuit and yes, I will go potty the first time you ask and yes, I would love to take a nap.

I think I might be on to something here.


Happy Momma, Happy Leah. And vice versa.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...