I frequently call myself names to my kids- particularly an elephant, because I have to remember everything or an octopus, because if I had 8 arms I could do everything needed all at once. Wouldn't that be nice, especially around mealtime? I'm guessing I'm not the only one that occasionally wishes she had an extra set of hands to help with all of the diapering, feeding, playing, snuggling, reading, swinging, wiping, and cleaning that needs to be done each day.
Once in a while an extra set of hands pops in for a visit, and we all love it! One pushes the kids on the swings while the other makes lunch, one changes a diaper while the other unloads the dishwasher, one comes to "look at this" while the other goes to "look at that". And if we're really lucky, we all get to nap at the same time.
And who can shake a stick at adult conversation during the day? Not I! Thanks for the visit, Grandma- come again soon!
Thursday, March 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay for grandmas! Also loved your post on motherhood not being for wimps. I agree that this is the hardest job I've ever had. Although, all too often, I get caught up in the day to day struggles, having a long-term perspective helps. Thank you for helping me put things back in perspective today!
I wish I was like elastigirl. That way I wouldn't have to get up a thousand times to get this or that, or to move the cereal before Sarah knocks it over, or to take away the toy that the boys are fighting over. haha I'm so lazy!
Post a Comment