Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Trade-Off

Miss Emma took a 3-hour nap this morning... the trade-off was missing half of church but enjoying a bright-eyed baby again.

Totally worth it.

The kids went to bed early tonight... The trade-off was the Duplos-trains-baby-strollers-gold-dubloons-covered toy room left to be cleaned up tomorrow.

Totally worth it.

I put myself in time-out last night... the trade-off was no place for the regret that always comes after losing it with my kids (who surely miss their daddy just as much as I miss my parenting partner).

Totally worth it.

I stopped at a lemonade stand on the way home from church today, all the while wondering who might be seeing me break the Sabbath by buying a 25 cent cup of lemonade (is that breaking the Sabbath?)... the trade-off was a huge smile and thank you from Leah for a drink to cure her hiccups.

Totally worth it.

I laid down to "nuggle wif me" with Adam while he fell asleep tonight with his sticky arms wrapped around my neck... no trade-off could have not made that totally worth every second of it.

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

I love mommy time-outs!

Julia and Aaron said...

Love, love, love this post, Melanie! Brilliant!

Terrific Thomas' said...

I think the lemonade thing was service, not breaking the Sabbath, so you're okay there. I really need to remember about mommy time-outs. They would help all of us feel better.

Bea said...

I love the picture of Emma. She is such a doll!!! And i think the lemonade things was totally fine.:)

Andrea said...

I miss you. I agree--good trade-offs indeed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...