Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I'm grateful that Leah has such a great dad- let's count the reasons why:

10. He doesn't argue when it's "his" night to give Leah a bath- for the 5th week in a row.

9. He gets up and brings Leah into our bed when it's still too early to get up (and gets her a "nack" and changes her bum).

8. He makes a big deal out of little things- just what Leah likes. Notice the "Family Home Evening blanket"- somehow it makes FHE 100 times more exciting for all of us.

7. He makes great faces and voices while reading bedtime stories.

6. He conducts one-sided monologues on the phone with Leah to amuse me, while I promise him she's listening.

5. He always makes time to get down on the floor and play with Leah, when I tend to get too caught up in less-important things, like housework.

4. He rides his bike to school every day so we can have the car.

3. He works so hard for our family, then comes home and really gets busy when I claim I've had a long day!
2. He has never asked me, "So what do you do all day?"

1. Look at that cute little girl we've got- what a handsome husband I have!

And a few extras...

*He lets me talk about having more children, but has never told me it's time because he's ready.

*He plays Hide-and-Seek with us at 8:30 in the morning, even if it means he'll get a late start at school.

*He teaches Leah things I never could- like plant names and gene sequencing.

*He is a great dad! He's everything I could have asked for in the father of our home. We love you, Daddy!

1 comment:

Three Love kids said...

You do have a great husband and Leah has a great Father.. Happy Father's Day!! It is so great to have such a gret family..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...