We were supposed to go to Thanksgiving Point today, but decided to stick around here, instead, mainly because our company bailed out (due to sickness, understandably). We went up to the duck pond and fed the ducks, discovered a few turtles, and counted new baby ducklings. The weather was perfect, and it was a lot of fun.
Then we met Jason on campus and took a historic first trip to J-Dawgs, the local hot dog stand that, I'm sure grosses about a million dollars every year, judging by the huge line that wraps around the little hut and spills over into the street at any hour of the day. We got our hotdogs (beef for me, polish for Jason) and set up our little picnic on the grass.
There was a woman with a camera there interviewing a group of college kids in the next grass-patch over, and before we knew it, she was setting up her camera in front of us, wiring Jason with a microphone and asking Leah to take a few big bites of my hotdog. Turns out next week is the four year anniversary of J-Dawgs opening, and KBYU is doing a little segment on the success of it. Given Jason's flawless speech about value for price and incredible taste, and Leah's adorable dog-munching skills, I'm pretty sure we'll be famous by this time next week. Did fate take a hand in the outcome of our afternoon? I think yes.
Check us out- noon news on KBYU (channel 11) next Monday and Wednesday.
Friday, June 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
mmmmm! we love j-dawgs!
wow, what a fun day. I love days that just kinda melt into one awesome experience.
How fun! Kirby and I met at J-Dawgs... :)
How fun! We recently went to j-dawgs for the first time as well! Quite yummy I must say.
We want to take a little credit for your fame, as we suggested that you eat there Friday before last ;)
YAY, you're famous. Sounds like a very fun day.
Post a Comment