Number One- Where do you shop for cute summer clothes that meet the following requirements:
1. Do not look like something my 12-year-old sister should be wearing.
2. Do not require an extra layer of clothing underneath to preserve modesty.
3. Do not cost an arm and a leg- I've already donated those to my gas tank.
Number Two- What is the best deodorant for women? These hot summer days are killing me, and I'll leave it at that. Any advice?
12 comments:
1) The Gap and Down East
2) Degree's Clinical Stregth. Expensive, but worth it!
1.)I don't know how nice of clothing you are looking for. But I LOVE modbod tops. They are capped sleeved and they come in wide variety of color, as you probably already know. But I just wear those almost every day with a pair of shorts. That could be really plain for what you're looking for... I don't know. But they also have really cute shirts with a little decor on the neck too to spice it up a bit. I live in these shirts in the heat!
2.)And Lady Speed Stick 24/7 protection works well!
1) I don't know how much of their stuff qualifies as "cute" but a good place for basics is Lands End. I just got some good T-shirts and capris on their website (you can also buy them at Sears, I think). I really like their Ts because they are good quality so they keep their shape and they aren't all clingy and overly fitted. And they're actually long enough that you can do all of the reaching and bending you need to without being exposed! :)
2) Don't think I'm crazy here, but... Baking Soda! Pure, unadulterated baking soda. I heard about using it a while back when I was trying to figure out how to avoid nasty armpit staining. Not only does it solve the stain issue, it is the best deodorant I have used, hands-down! Now, obviously it's not an anti-perspirant, so if you're having major wetness issues, you might want to only use it with loose-ish tops. But I just use a powder puff and dust some on in the morning and don't smell a thing the whole day. And it's like 25 cents a box! Ok, I'm feeling awkwardly exposed now.
I love that picture of the shoes--that's my closet!
Ahh yes, B.O. I almost totally forgot.
I really love Kohls, they are my new fav. store because A) there is always a sale B)if you go alone (read:no kid)you can go through the many, many racks and find some great things. I got this amazing dress reg. $50 for $15! It was 80% off, you can never get things 80% off unless you go to a department store. I also love my Shade shirts, they've come out with regular shirts along with their layering shirts.
Good Luck!
A) I am not really sure, I went shopping over the weekend, and I found NOTHING. Seriously, there is nothing out there that even comes close to covering these days, so frustrating! But I will keep an eye out, and for now, I will take the advice of your other readers. B) I use Secret, Platinum Protection. I have tried the prescription strength and it makes my underarms raw and sore, so Secret usually works for me.
Good luck!
2) Certain Dry has saved my life! It's not a deodorant for the smell, but it actually shrinks the pores under your armpit. I have not ruined a shirt or had sweaty armpits at church or anywhere since starting this 6 years ago. At first you put it on every night before bed. Then you can go to every other. Now after 6 years I might use it every 3 months or so. FYI- because your armpits don't sweat you will sweat more on your hands, feet, back, chest, etc. This was worth it to me because I sweat while sitting still in an air conditioned room and not feeling nervous or anxious. I just had an over active sweatiness. I considered asking a doctor about some kind of surgery I could have. If that's you- do it! If you're just a normal sweater I don't know what to recommend. I love Dove. Good luck!
I love that you asked those questions... I am definitely not the one to ask about clothing, but agree with you 100% about not needing an extra layer... and I probably can use some advice in the deodorant department as well.. I'm thankful for your other reader's advice!!!
My favorite Deo is Dove...it really works and secret has an awesome new one but cant think of what scent its like 24 hr protection...mmmm i just throw my arm up and smell it sometimes.
1) Plato's Closet
2) Secret Platinum Protection. I swear by it!
Well, if its sweating that's killing you, I would recommend CertainDri. It works miracles. You put it on at night before you go to bed (it's a liquid) and then you can just use whatever deoderant you want in the morning. you can tell a difference in just a day. and the best part--it's only like 4 bucks per bottle. And they have it at smiths by all the other deoderant (you used to have to ask for it at the pharmacy). Oh. I just saw someone else recommended it. I AM THE SECOND WITNESS!!! :)
And, like Kristin, I love Down East. Love love love. And I am wearing a cute v-neck from Gap, so I guess we agree on both places!
In Texas, with humidity, and the temps being in the 90-100's you can only wear one shirt, and capris are not an option AT ALL. So, in the summer I look like a beach bum with my plaid shorts and flip flops... but, They're like 12-14 bucks and lightweight cotton. And, that's all I care about.
Deodorant, (Ant-perspirant causes cancer)... we use "Red Zone" by Old Spice
Post a Comment