Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Name Game


We are D-Day minus 7 weeks (hopefully) and this baby has no name. I'm only mildly panicking at this point, but I need help! Here are my preferences:

*One or two syllables- Maximiliano Morales requires a few too many breaths to get through.

*Can't begin or end in an "M" or an "S"- Marcus Morales just sounds like a lisp waiting to happen.

*Could be Biblical, but can't be a direct relation to Leah- no Abraham, Isaac or Jacob.

*Can't have too many hard consonants- I love Conner and Tanner, but they sound like names I'd bark too much ("Conner! Get back here!).

*Doesn't have too many variations- I love Matthew, Jason likes Matt, so it's just off the list.

This seems simple enough, right? So, what are your ideas? I've posted a picture of the first Morales baby in hopes of sparking your creativity!

9 comments:

Katie said...

Ryan and I had the hardest time coming up with a name. I don't think we decided until like 3 weeks before. I don't have any great ideas yet, but I'll keep thinking. Good luck!

Rachel said...

another rule for you that i've noticed about Makinze's name. pick a name that doesn't have 40 other ways to spell it. arrggg!!! yes, like a pirate.

Megan said...

Aaron?
Luke?
Tyler?
Jonah?
Ben?
Will?

I could go on if you'd like:) But I think Aaron Morales and Luke Morales have a nice ring to them!

Emily said...

so a tool i really liked using is at Baby Name Wizard:

http://www.babynamewizard.com/namipedia/advanced-name-finder

you can plug in all your stipulations (like beginning/ending sounds (musts and must NOTS), # of syllables, popularity, name type, etc.) and it'll generate a list of names fitting the criteria.

good luck!

Erin_C said...

I was going to say Luke too. Luke is one of my favs. But then I thought Luke and Leah sounds kind of like Luke and Leia from Star Wars? he he. I like Noah a lot too.

Mrs. S said...

Good luck! I love reading people's qualifications for choosing a mame. For biblical names I like Jonah, Noah, Joshua & caleb. Good luck!

Kathryn Cooper said...

Ok, so I cheated and just looked at what everyone else said. I like Luke too, but yeah Luke and Leah would be different. I like Ben, Noah, and Caleb. My new add ins are Tyson and Craig because let's face it those are the best boy names around. =) Just jokin. Good luck, sorry I'm no help.

Martin Family said...

I like Conner... And we know a Conner, and he's a good kid, so that helps! Don't worry about "barking" you'll do that no matter what the baby is named!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Eli (Or Elijah?)
Isaiah
Adam
Peter

Good luck!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...