I think at one time or another all moms have been amazed by the sisterhood that comes with motherhood. When I was first pregnant with Leah, a friend of mine offered me free pick of her maternity clothes to borrow for as long as they fit. I remember being so overwhelmed by the entire concept of motherhood (not to mention the cost!) and also feeling so grateful and surprised at her generosity.
.
I promised myself that I would try to be as giving and helpful to other new mothers whenever I could. And that seems to be the general theme of motherhood- "We all know this is hard, so let's try to help each other out." I have benefited from it many times, and tried to return the favor wherever I can.
.
But my attempts at giving were greatly overshadowed again this weekend, because I came home with all of this:
It's kind of hard to tell, but that is well over 100 pieces of baby boy clothes! And almost entirely from a lady that I don't even know. She doesn't read my blog, I'll never meet her, and she probably doesn't even know my name. But, as a member of the motherhood-sisterhood, she heard I was having a boy and wanted to help me out. Thank you kind lady! My son will be handsomely dressed for the first 3 months of his life, at least!
.
I also came home with a fabulous double stroller that, even used, is about 20 times nicer than anything I was looking at. And since I do know this fellow mom reads my blog, I'll say thank you so much again, Patti!
.
I am constantly amazed by the many generous moms that have helped me out in motherhood, and I just wanted to share my gratitude!
2 comments:
this is so sweet and amazing! I agree the sisterhood between mothers is so uplifting.
i have been shocked at all the people who offer to give stuff for free. we've been offered bassinets, strollers, furniture . . . even a tv (though, thats not baby related, i'm guessing). people's generosity is amazing, and like you i've made a goal for myself to return it when i'm in the position to
Post a Comment