Monday, July 27, 2009

What About Leah?

Leah has been pretty great over the past week and a half. She is spending a lot of time with other people (Dad, Grandma, aunties), and is all the more handful when she gets back to me- so full of energy. I can't believe how big she is, and how much she can talk and run and jump and comprehend. It's all relative, I suppose.I'm trying to keep her life somewhat consistent, but we are definitely learning as the moments come. It feels like we have twice the children and three times the work to do.
We've had plenty of learning moments this week.
Bathtub conversation:
Leah: Mom, can you do me a favor?
Me: Sure, what do you need?
Leah: I need you to bring me a pacifier and put it in my mouth.
She's been very helpful with Adam, and is learning how to be gentle with him.

Conversation while I'm nursing Adam:

Leah: (in a baby voice) I'm a baby and I need some milk
Me: Okay, baby, there's some in the fridge
Leah: No, I need your milk (I love how she was actually somewhat shy about telling me this)
Me: (Uncertain and a little afraid of what might happen next) Uhhh... okay, here you go

I just handed her a pretend handful, which, thankfully, satisfied her.
I think the hardest part about our new family dynamic is learning how to care for a two-and-a-half year old big sister and a give-it-to-me-now newborn baby brother. I am now "Mom" to two little people! I know people do it every day, but it's throwing me for quite a loop. Hopefully it will get easier as the days go by.

4 comments:

Martins said...

It will get easier... and then you'll move! :) So the next few months might be a little crazy.. But you are a great mom, so those two little people are pretty lucky! Cute blanket by the way ;)

Mrs. S said...

It will get easier! It took me about 6 weeks to feel like I wasn't sinking. He's so cute and Leah looks like a great big sister.

Kristyn said...

Congratulations! I just got all caught up on the happenings and I'm so excited for you guys! I'm sure Leah will adjust wonderfully. She is a smart cookie and can probably take on the change a lot better than most kids! Good luck with it all, I'm taking notes for when we have our second!! :)

Kika VilaNova said...

aw isn't Leah the cutest? I am having a hard time BUT I can't wait till I have two beautiful babies like you do!

Thank you for visiting my blog and posting when you are so busy! You're amazing!

love ya :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...