Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Good And The Bad


The Good:
*My children nap at the same time! Granted, Adam is usually asleep on and off all day, but it lets me take a nap while Leah is napping, too. Heaven!
*Adam is slowly catching on to 4 hour stretches of sleep at night- glorious! He is also fantastic about going right back to sleep after a mid-night feeding.
*Leah is learning to be soft, Soft, SOFT! without too much reminding. She's enchanted by her little brother.
*Leah gives me hugs and says, "I love you, Mommy" at random points throughout the day- usually when I need it most.
*We ventured to the park alone this morning, and survived! And even enjoyed it. The Bad:
*Crying, crying, crying. This little guy likes to be held all day long. The trade off is that he gives me a 12 hour break every night, interrupted only by feeding every three hours. I'll take it.
*The crying is compounded by Leah asking repeatedly, "What's wrong with him?" If I knew, I'd fix it, I promise!
*Baby brain. I'm working on it, but please don't ask me to remember anything.
*Jason is SO busy at school. I have to keep reminding myself that if he were not a student, there is no way that I'd get to see him even this much. But it's still hard not having him available all day long.
*We're moving in two weeks. From today. Our house will be packed up and shipped out, and then I will be 100% husbandless for another two weeks. Not really something I'm looking forward to. (Although I am looking forward to the time I'll get to spend with my family while living in my mom's basement.)
*The boxes. The packing is being done by me, so we're tripping over boxes left and right. Leah asked me yesterday, "Mom, why is our house so small?". Amen to that.
I can't believe women all over the world do this every day! I feel like I'm running a marathon all day long, and yes, I do feel like I deserve a medal.
And on a cute note- I love this outfit- it's the one we brought Adam home from the hospital in, and it's already getting snug!

5 comments:

Crapos said...

He really is very cute, screaming and all.

Aubrey said...

I think you certainly deserve a medal. mothering two kids and packing is quite the task. you're amazing!!

Megan said...

You have no idea how much I wish I could come over and hold that little boy of yours, and give your tired arms a rest! I miss you terribly, and I can't believe you are leaving so soon:(

Kika VilaNova said...

aw stop posting such sweet and fun pictures! you're making me want to have another one already :)

hugs hugs!
and if you need/want help packing, I am free till 10:30am and after 5pm! and saturdays all day till 4pm! :)

hugs!

Krista said...

I used a snugli or wrap to hold my second one in so I could still do other things. Good luck. Enjoy your mommy time;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...