First- teething. Leah has had her front two bottom teeth for a few months now, and we have been diligently watching the top gums for any sign of pearly whites. The other day I was checking out her bottom teeth and- whats that?- another tooth?! I hadn't even noticed it! Three on the bottom and none on top seemed unusual, and I guess her little mouth agreed. This morning we found not one, but two teeth popping out on the top! What a brave little girl- Leah hasn't even seemed to mind. (Plus, she LOVES infant Tylenol, so she is more than happy right now, since I'm keeping her on a steady drip, just in case.)
Third- sleeping. This is the first time I can actually say that I am proud of Leah's sleeping habits! We got into some bad habits over the holidays (anything to get her to sleep!) but now we are back on schedule and everyone is much happier. Yay for that!
And a few extras- Leah is fully mobile now. She has been toying with walking for about a month and a half, but she is off and running now. She's still fairly cautious, which I'm grateful for, but she can keep up with me all over the house. It is so much fun.
Leah is also a little chatterbox. I made a list of her words last night, and we're up to about 15 so far. Among the favorites are "panda" (all wild animals), "hat", "ball", "gee" (gimme that!), "bubbles", and "purple". She's also starting to string words together, like "bye-bye dad". She doesn't say "no" yet, but judging by the unnatural body contortions she throws herself into when she doesn't want to eat her veggies, I think she's got the general idea of the word.
"No veggies for me, Mom!"
Our favorite time of day- "bubbles!"
And since Leah gets all the attention, I'll throw in a picture of Jason and I from days of yore, just so people know what her parents look like.
9 comments:
This is a cute post. Both my kids were really good about teething too. Elle's complained more than Eva ever did but it's still not bad. And she's a walker, yay! How exciting. Let me know what you're doing for the weaning, Elle will be 12 months in just 4 months and I have no idea how to wean off the boob!
Wow, little Leah is getting so grown up! I can't wait to see her walking. She is so adorable. You should be proud parents!!
Too cute - Leah is so adorable and I love how big she is getting! If you need a little newborn to snuggle with for a few minutes and nobody at your house is sick, give me a call. :) I also need your email, so I can add you to my 'safe' list for my blog.
What a doll! And her parents are half-bad either!
She is just so talented!
yay walking!
She's so big! I absolutely love this age-it's just so fun when they start to talk and walk and everything. But so many teeth so fast-ouch!
Oh man, I can't believe how well she's handling all those teeth! We're all so proud of Leah:)
Good luck with the weaning. Maybe we should go to victoria's secret together and pick out fancy "I breast fed my baby and now my boobs shrank and need a lift" bras:)!
Ahh! That is definitely a cute age. Good luck with the weaning. On to sippy cups!!
Post a Comment