Saturday, July 11, 2009

Full Disclosure

Leah takes a shower!

I'm pretty sure no one else will care about this but me, but I feel like I have to be honest. We took a major step back in potty training this week. Yeah, I thought we were done with it, too. In the 3 or 4 months since Leah's been in big girl undies, she has had maybe a handful of accidents in the night. I thought we were done! But in the last two weeks, she has wet the bed more than made it though the night dry, and I've been going crazy! We've tried just about everything- less drinks at bedtime, training undies, plastic pants... but more nights than not, she has woken up soggy. So...

I put her back in Pull-ups. I'm sad that we're taking such a step backward, but I don't know what else to do. She has been waking up in the middle of the night, we've all been getting less sleep (so precious for these last few weeks!), and I'm sick of doing wet-the-bed laundry. And let's be honest- 12 hours without going to the bathroom in the middle of the hot Utah summer (read- more drinks during the day)? I can't do it either.
.
That's all. Hopefully it will get better soon, but for right now, that's the whole truth. Sad.

1 comment:

Kathryn Cooper said...

That's not a step back at all. I think you did wonderful to get her potty trained during the day. Some kids' bladders don't grow at the same rate as their body so they'll pee at night. Not a big deal. It's completely normal for some kids to wet the bed even at the age of 10! I'm planning to have my boys in pull ups at night until they're 6! That's if he's potty trained at all by then! I've pretty much given up with Tyson ever learning to pee in the potty. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...