Monday, July 6, 2009

Independence Day

I love the 4th of July! It is definitely one of my favorite holidays, especially when celebrated right! And this year, we did it right. The parade, Freedom Festival, swimming, grilling, smores and fireworks. Perfect!

We live one block off of the parade route, so I started the day off early by sending Jason to reserve our patch of grass at 5:00 AM. We had great seats for the parade, and the weather was fantastic- it even rained a little bit. Perfect for a pregnant lady.

How's that for a belly shot? I gave Leah the camera to keep busy while waiting for the parade to start.
Leah was so tired all weekend- probably a combination of the heat and all the excitement- she especially loved the parade and the Irish folk dancers we saw at the Colonial Days. Self-portrait?
This was Leah's first year staying up for the fireworks. And just as I suspected, she could have cared less. Five minutes into the show she climbed into what's left of my lap and told me, "I don't like fireworks. Can I go home and go to bed?" She then promptly fell asleep with her head buried in my neck and didn't wake up until we got home. That's my girl!

Face painting with Auntie Al- waiting for the fireworks to start.
It was a fantastic holiday , and to top it off, Jason and I went to Music and the Spoken Word at Temple Square the next morning. It was an amazing performance- very patriotic and a great reminder of what a wonderful country we live in. I am definitely proud to be an American.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I love the belly shot! And I love your pretty black dress...you're SO cute:)

Carolyn said...

Wow! What a great way to spend the holiday! You look so good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...