Last night we went to a siblings class at the hospital, where Leah learned all the basics of being a big sister. It was a cute class, and we even got to see a brand new baby in the nursery. I decided that I must be delusional, because the bed in the recovery room looked awfully comfy to me.
*
*
Today a nursing friend of mine watched Leah while Jason and I went out. Leah hasn't really ever seen nursing in action, and I guess she was quite curious about it. She had plenty to tell me when I got home.
"Babies drink special milk. It comes from their mommies. Do you have special milk? (No, I replied- not until the baby comes) Can I see it? (No, there's nothing to see) I'm going to touch it. (Bracing myself, she pats me on the shoulder)
*
And later in the afternoon, after more processing, she told me, "Baby Megan drinks milk. It comes from (pause... think...) from... her mommy's big... (pause, I'm bracing myself again) big... belly button!
*
Close enough.
8 comments:
ah she is too cute and funny!
:)
This is the cutes thing i've ever read. I laughed out loud. Thanks for the visit yesterday. Call me if you need anything. And good luck with everything. love ya
Ah! The title of this post and a quick glance at that picture had me nervous for a second that you had the baby! *be still my heart* You keep that little guy in you at least until Saturday:)
Leah is so funny...she is going to be such a great big sister!
that was me btw
Adorable!
Thanks for the laugh!
Priceless conversation with Leah. She is a doll. She looks so cute in her surgical mask. Bust a gut!
Hahahahah!
Post a Comment