Wednesday, November 24, 2010

16 months

Adam had his 16 month check up recently.  He got four shots and a finger poke, but he hardly cried at all.  He is such a trooper when it comes to pain, thankfully.  He climbs up and then falls off a chair at least once a day.  He's weighing in at nearly 24 pounds and is in the 85th percentile for height.  He's a solid little man.  While we're checking in on his progress, I thought I'd add a few notes of my own.

Adam is happy.  Just so happy.  He loves everything, and everyone (in his immediate family anyway).  He has recently learned to scowl, but he uses it mostly to express his intense concentration in figuring things out. And occasionally to let me know that he does not appreciate my declaration that it's time for a nap. 

He loves to be with Leah.  They are best friends, and he is kind enough to put up with her constant hugs, kisses, and belly pokes.  He always looks for her as soon as he wakes up, and they love to giggle together.  The other night Jason and I sat and chatted for a full 30 minutes uninterrupted while the kids played happily in the next room.

He will wander around the house for hours, checking things out, stooping over to pick tiny crumbs up, and putting things together then taking them apart again. 

He loves to pray, fold his arms like a pro, and says Aaaa-men!"  Often he will fold his arms and look at me expectantly, and we will say a prayer together, just because.

He has started running away from me after he gets out of the bath.  He loves to be chased, and I often find him hiding in Leah's closet, looking like this.

He loves his daddy.  Oh my, they have a manly relationship that I just don't understand.  How punching someone in the arm can show affection is beyond me, but they do it, and they love it.

Adam likes doors and cupboards to stay closed.  If the pantry door is open, he will always close it before going on his way.  And he loves to push around the toy vacuum and sing, "Eeen-up!  Eeen-up!"  He's a boy after my own heart.

In lots of ways I feel like my baby is gone.  He's a little boy now.  Some days I can't believe he is only 16 months old, and other days I can't believe he is already 16 months old.  Either way, I am completely smitten.
I finally got his first pictures off of my phone and onto my computer.  He was born so quickly that we didn't have the camera with us- not that I'm complaining about a quick delivery.  But I never got these pictures of Leah, or even got to see the moments captured (the newborn scream, the scale shot, the completely fresh from heaven view) because I wasn't there.  But I was present when Jason took these pictures of Adam, and they have become precious to me.

4 comments:

christa said...

Oh he's just so cute! What a happy boy!

beapinkal said...

It's so funny to see how Adam loves all the girly stuff Leah has. My little girl probably will be a boyish little one who will love cars and trucks:) I can't wait:)

Maggie & Nate said...

Melanie~ I love hearing about your family! :0)
We can't wait for tomorrow.

whitney said...

What a big boy! He's sure gotten grown-up fast!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...