Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dear Son,

Let me take a moment to thank you for waking me and your father up at 4:30 this morning.  I was a little worried about getting up and ready for Joy School by 9:00 because I foolishly stayed up until midnight working on my sewing project, but you kindly took care of that for me.  In addition to getting up and ready, I was able to cook a hot meal for breakfast, start two loads of laundry, clean out the toy room closet, alphabetize our collection of children's books, put away your clean clothes, and organize my bathroom drawers.  Had I dedicated the wee hours of my morning to a silly little thing like sleep, I never would have been able to get such a great head start on the day.

Yes, there were moments around 5:45 when my brain synapses were misfiring and my nerves were so completely shot that I was just a tad bit frustrated.  But you seemed so comfortable sleeping squarely on top of my chest (which was so much sweeter when you didn't weight 24 pounds) that I didn't have the heart to move you back to your bed.  That, plus the fact that you never stayed asleep for more than 3 minutes at a time.  And the fact that you screeched like a crazed banshee whenever I tried.  You made it clear that, as far as you were concerned, the night was over.

And then I realized that if missing a few hours of sleep is the best thing that I can come up with to be frustrated, angry, or otherwise upset about, then we are doing alright.  We are truly blessed, and I thank you for teaching me such a sweet lesson.

But really, I've learned my lesson, and I can assure you that you do not need to repeat it tomorrow morning or any time soon.

All my love,

Mommy

3 comments:

whitney said...

boo! for way too early mornings!!!

Aubrey said...

oh man, my day would be completely ruined if any of my kids did that. and i would definitely not be making hot breakfast for anyone nor would i accomplish anything... like you did. i give you major props! way to go! hopefully your family rewards you with some sleep tonight. :)

Julia and Aaron said...

Haha! Oh, I'm sorry, Melanie! I hate sleep deprivation. You were VERY industrious though. I'm impressed with all you got done!

BTW, Adam weighs about the same as Lilly. That is too funny. Those boys are sturdy:).

We should meet at the park sometime this week or play in the backyard. It has been so beautful! We are getting over a little cold so maybe Thursday or Friday sometime? Hope you guys are doing well!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...