Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thankful

*That our car is generally reliable.  I would have preferred that it had NOT broken down on Thanksgiving Day, making us a few hours late to the most important dinner of the year, but I'm thankful we still have a car, nonetheless, and that it was a quick and inexpensive fix.

*That I finally perfected the shrimp dip recipe.... even if I'm the only one who eats it.
*That my kids are healthy, energetic, and happy.  And why wouldn't they be when they get to eat chocolate turkeys at 8:00 in the morning?!
("This is the best day of my life!")

*That Jason works so hard to provide for our family.  I am especially thankful for the long weekend that we got to share together, and I think he'd insert here that he's so thankful that I am up for the incredible task that motherhood is.  Long weekends give him a good glimpse of it.

2 comments:

whitney said...

boo! for broken cars, but yay! for easy fixes! What a great mom you are to have chocolate turkeys prepared and everything!

Julia and Aaron said...

So glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving!

I think the same thing about Aaron too, although he doesn't say it. When he goes to work all day he comes home and stays up 'til around 11pm, but after staying home and helping me with the kids, he was in bed by 8:30pm. Haha.:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...