Wednesday, November 10, 2010

All In A Day's Conversation

L: I'm just wiping away my tears.
M: Why do you have tears?  Are you crying?
L: No, there's just so much joy in my heart.

M: Mr. Butler is going to come visit in 3 minutes.
L: No, Mom!  I don't want to see Mr. Butler!
M: But he wants to see you.  He hasn't seen you in such a long time.
L: Well, you can just take my picture and Mr. Butler can see it on our blog.

(Side note in case I ever forget- Leah thinks Mr. Butler is a real person living in a box in my closet.  She talks to him while I am getting ready in the morning- tells him all about her day, her friends, her toys.  She explains holidays to him, and tells him when she is next getting on an airplane.  She likes to show him her new outfits or fancy hair-dos.  But she does not like sharing her toys with him, understandably.)

L: I'm going to draw a picture for Grandma Morales that says, 'Dear Grandma Morales.  I drew you this picture so you can be happy even though Grandpa Miller is dead.  He is in heaven now and he can hear again, so now you can smile.  Love, Leah'.

And a million more insights into a three-year-old soul that I can't even remember... but I sure do love my little smartie!

2 comments:

beapinkal said...

Leah is so smart! And who is Mr Butler? Is he just like an imeganery (sp) friend? Sorry for not knowing things like this:)

Unknown said...

Melanie,
It worked! When Jason gave me the pictures from Leah and Adam, it cheered me up. I truly am blessed to have You, Jason, Lean and Adam in my life to cheer me up. Thanks also for being understanding and letting Jason come to Denver. He has been a great support and comfort.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...