Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Happy Days Are Here Again

It seems we have reached the end of the gloomy tunnel of despair that has clouded our days, and we are on to happier times! No more of this:


But lots of this:

and a little of this:
(Bad mommy moment, I know, but just look at how happy she is! And I've licked the beater approximately 4,236 times in my life, and it hasn't killed me yet.)


And a ton of this:

Luckily, we've been able to ward off cabin fever with trips to BYU, the mall, and the Dollar Store- Leah loved that one the most!

Leah has an appointment with the orthopedic doctor on Friday, and hopefully her "bracelet" will be coming off then. She seems to have recovered very quickly, and I'm ready for regularly scheduled baths again!


And in other big girl news, Leah is 100% weaned! I, of course, am a little teary-eyed about it (just a little), but she's made it clear that she's ready to move on, so here we go!

5 comments:

Casee said...

Nothing wrong with licking the beaters, I have done it my whole life and will continue to do it!

I bet it will be a relief to get the cast off, I had one when I was a kid, and it is just a pain, good luck!

And way to go on the weaning, I am not a mother yet, so I am not sure what you are going through, but it sounds like you are an awesome mom!

Megan said...

Oh, I'm so glad Leah is feeling better! We have really bad cabin fever over here (i am currently carless...i'll explain later)! We knocked on your door today, but I think you must have been gone. Let's get together...I can't wait to see that happy little girl:)

Aubrey said...

I'm so glad that she's a happy girl again! That makes for a happy mommy too, i'm sure! :)

christa said...

I love how all babies kind of have the same smile, I love baby smiles. She does look super happy. You'll have to write me an email all about how you weaned her.

Erica said...

Yay for happy babies! About that weaning...I may be asking your expert advice here in a couple of months.. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...