Sunday, January 20, 2008

A long day

I guess it seemed like I was bragging that the only issues we have to deal with around our house lately are sleeping, teething, weaning, walking and talking. Today we can add a fractured wrist to the list.

Leah is non-stop lately. She is always on the go, which is great, but brings with it a LOT of bumps and bruises. Yesterday we were sitting on the couch and she scooted right off the edge. I grabbed for her so she wouldn't hit her head on the coffee table, but she still started howling, and didn't stop for 45 minutes, except for a brief respite while eating Jello (her new favorite snack). We put her to bed at 6:15, and she slept for 12 hours, then woke up and started howling again. She wouldn't put any weight on her left arm, so we decided we'd better take her to the doctors, just in case. Three trips in the car, two visits to the pediatrician, one set of X-rays and a cast later, we are all home and headed to bed. Leah has been a trooper, but the next few weeks will be a challenge, I'm sure.




Hot pink casts need to be accessorized with hot pink nail polish- Leah picked it out herself.

11 comments:

Krista said...

I totally understand. Makenna broke her arm when she was 16 months old. Her cast was purple;) Don't be surprised if she pulls it off. She pulled hers off the day before we left for the family reunion. It was just lying next to her in her crib. We had to scramble to get a doctors appt. and luckily she had healed enough to just get a splint. Which was awesome because we could just take it off when she was playing in the sand and the water. Plus, we didn't have to get it cut off of her. Thankfully, it doesn't take little ones as long to heal as adults so it will be over before you know it. Makenna didn't even notice unless she was taking a bath and it had to be wrapped up. Good luck;)

Kathryn Cooper said...

Poor little girl. Get well soon Leah!

Megan said...

Oh my goodness! Poor Leah:( I'm so sorry for her and for you guys. Yesterday when I didn't see you guys at church I wondered if something was wrong. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help! We'll be home all day today.

Aubrey said...

OH my goodness. Poor Leah! What an active girl she must be. (Atleast the cast is pink!)

Unknown said...

is she in any pain? poor girl. Hope everything heals quickly.

christa said...

Oh my gosh! I would have flipped out. How are you? All kids are pretty good troopers, I'm sure Leah's probably taken in with a grain of salt. The pink is very hot.

Nat said...

Look at her bouncing right back. That kid's tough.

whitney said...

Oh, that's no fun at all! Poor little thing! Poor little Mommy-how stressful! Babies are so resiliant though, I bet it hasn't slowed her down at all! Good luck with everything!

Casee said...

Oh how sad! And you are right, a girl has to accessorize correctly, so cute!

Three Love kids said...

oh the fun each day can bring. she is so adorable. i love the video of her walking.

Mrs. S said...

I can't believe I missed this blog! I'm so sorry about Leah...poor little thing. She is so cute though...even with her pink cast!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...