Tuesday, January 22, 2008

This season's must NOT have toy

Jason and I decided that for Leah's first Christmas, we would only buy her a few toys and leave all of the spoiling to the grandparents. But, I saw this Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Puppy and had to get him. Now that he's been with us for a few weeks, I just wanted to share a "buyers beware".

First of all, this puppy is extremely sensitive, and is always looking for an excuse to spout off one of his demands (Hug me!) or to scare me with his creepy afterhours observations (Peekaboo! I see you!). Jason gets home at night later than I'd prefer- I won't share specifics for any "blerkers" that might be reading this- but the last thing I need to hear in the dark of the night is "Got your nose!" He does sing a lot of cute songs and rhymes, but his buttons are so sensitve, that he can't get through one without jumping to the next. So, trying to play with him sounds something like this- "This little puppy went to- A B C D E F- I love you- Head, shoulders, knees, and- Red ear- Got my toes!" Then, after discarding him in frustration, and just when you think you've put the beast to rest, he shouts out one last-ditch effort to get your attention (Let's play!).
I really don't think Leah is learning anything by playing with him but how to develop ADD at an early age , so for now, he has been shelved. Just thought I'd share.

7 comments:

beapinkal said...

Hahahahahahaha! I had fun with this post:) Really! Can't you just turn it off? It is so funny when parents think that musical toys are the best for their babies and then a week later or so- they realize that to buy something like this poppy (for example) was a really bad idea. I feel the same with that magnetic fridge farm toy that we bought for Bence. Sometimes it drives me crazy:) Specially in the morning when he keeps turn it on and off and it makes silly noises.

Krista said...

I hate the magnetic fridge thing too!! The dog gets cuter though when she gets older. Makenna knows exactly which part will sing which song and she sings the ABC's with it and stuff. Don't totally throw it away but I don't blame you for waiting until she is a little older;)

Aubrey said...

That is pretty funny! I would be freaked out too if a toy just started spouting off things when buttons weren't pushed. Good choice to shelf that puppy!

Crapos said...

Hey! M got the same toy for Christmas. You know, it does have an off switch on the back. Then you can just cuddle him.

Mrs. S said...

That is Hilarious!!! I laughed so hard. I'll be sure to avoid that toy!

whitney said...

Honey, I hear ya! It seems like it's always the in-laws that buy Ezra and Georgia the annoying toys. They think I'm depriving them by refusing to buy educational (read:loud and obnoxious) toys for them myself:P

Unknown said...

i love how you taped his mouth shut... too funny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...