But for the kids, the day couldn't have been more exciting. For Leah it was all about poring over every single one of our new library books. She signed up for the summer reading program and set her own reading goal- 3 books by the end of the summer. Although she now knows that "eleven-teen" is not a number, we are still working on the actual value of numbers.
She's also learning her way around the computer, and becomes a fantastic kind of calm as she focuses on following directions and commanding the mouse.
And snipping old fabric! What could be more fun than snipping old fabric?
As for Adam, every corner is unexplored territory waiting to be discovered. I can hardly keep up with the messes he's making these days, and let's be honest, I'm not really trying. I figure one good clean up at the end of the day is good enough... until he wakes up again!
And yes, that is my little man just standing there all by himself. He has been practicing so hard to stay stable on his feet, and he's just about there. He's stopped falling over in an awkward heap and has started lowering himself down methodically instead.
But my favorite trick of all is his ability to understand and respond to the question, "What's in your mouth?" And the answer is usually something inedible.
4 comments:
Ah, these guys are priceless!! I love their cute expressions. It certainly looks like you have your hands full. : )
Ooh! I've been wanting to try OxyClean for a while, and just haven't ever gotten around to buying any. So tell me--why do you love it?
Hahah. What's in your mouth? That movie is darling. Love it.
What is at the bottom of your fridge? Is that the freezer? and if it is, what are the other two doors to? Both are the fridge? I am very curious about this entire set up you have.
Post a Comment