Either way, there are plenty of projects around this house that I would love to get my hands on (No. 1- replace the carpet! No. 2- replace the linoleum! No. 3- replace the cabinets!) but I hold back because it's not our house.
It keeps Jason in check, too, which is good because I don't think we can afford the deck he's envisioned building since the recent success of his picnic table.
But this weekend, I decided to take on a little project while Jason built the table... in fact, this is probably why his project took two days instead of two hours. I needed his muscles!
I turned this little weed patch-
Okay, I said it was a little project, but doesn't that look so much better? And there is a matching tree on the other side of the yard to go along with it that I kind of forgot about and we ended up digging, edging, and mulching as the sun was going down (hence Leah's first encounter with fireflies).
I have gained a new respect for immaculate lawns- even the little projects take a lot of work!
1 comment:
nice work! we've been trying to weed our backyard and holy moly is it quite the task!!! i agree with the appreciation that comes from seeing nice lawns - because ours is far from it at this moment. but to each there is a season...maybe mine will come sometime soon!
Post a Comment