Life with Leah has been a little trying lately. She's doing a lot of things that make me want to pull my hair out. It's been a whole lot of tattle-telling, toy hording, turn-demanding, talking out loud in the middle of church, and, today, even a shoulder biting (mine!).
As her parents and the ones that are apparently responsible for teaching her to choose the right, following through on consequences, and teaching her to not push over her brother because he won't give her a turn with the toy she didn't know she wanted until he picked it up, we've been doing a lot of things that make me want to pull my hair out, too.
A bunch of empty threatening (Okay, we're leaving without you!), taking away toys that aren't cleaned up (Mr. Butler is working overtime, and my closet is stuffed) and even a "This hurts me more than it hurts you" (and it did. We had to cancel a baby-sitting visit to a friend's house because our kids were being such little hellions, I wouldn't have wished them on my worst enemy).
But, then I remember. She's just 3. I've heard it's secretly even worse than the terrible two's... and I'm starting to believe it.
6 comments:
3 year olds can be such stinkers! It drives me crazy when Tyson is happy playing with some toy until he sees Craig happy and playing with a different toy; then Tyson wants that one. Now that Craig's getting older they're doing much better though. Don't worry her terrible threes will pass. That's what I tell myself anyway. =)
So sorry. I hate it when they hit nasty phases in their lives. But every now and then they hit a good one too. It's coming! Just remember that when you want to put her outside and lock the door :)
Ah, Hang in there Melanie. Peek in when she is asleep and see what a little angel she is. I know, easily said becuase I am not surrounded by little ones all the time. : ) Seriously, though hang in there, she is a sweet one. Count your blessings!!
Ah, Hang in there Melanie. Peek in when she is asleep and see what a little angel she is. I know, easily said becuase I am not surrounded by little ones all the time. : ) Seriously, though hang in there, she is a sweet one. Count your blessings!!
Ah, Hang in there Melanie. Peek in when she is asleep and see what a little angel she is. I know, easily said becuase I am not surrounded by little ones all the time. : ) Seriously, though hang in there, she is a sweet one. Count your blessings!!
i hear ya. 100%. nice to know there are others out there going through the exact same thing!!!
Post a Comment