Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Annual Hair Cut

It has been time for Leah's annual hair cut for about 4 months now. If her hair's not pulled back in clips or ponytails, it hangs in her eyes and looks so scraggly.

Leah has been very concerned about getting her hair cut (if you cut it all off then I will look like a BOY!), and it has taken a good 3 weeks of convincing to get her to agree that, yes, it's time. Her hair is a very real part of how she views herself, and it's probably her favorite thing about herself. And anyone who's spent more than 5 minutes with Leah knows that she twirls it for comfort like crazy. Cutting off too much hair would be like voluntarily shredding her baby blanket.

But, finally, today was the day.

Is it just me (and Leah) or do you always seem to have a semi-cute hair day as you're on your way to cut it all off?

We headed back to Cookie Cutters, the location of Leah's first real haircut and the 84 imaginary haircuts I have given her since then, and once the TV was on, she didn't even notice she was getting a cut.


Adam and I hung out near by for moral support.


And ta-da! The semi-final product. I actually took her back to the chair to get another two inches taken off after this picture, but this is essentially what it looks like now. Pretty much the same, and that is just what we were going for.


She hasn't mentioned the new length yet (much too busy eating the reward ice cream and lamenting over her lost-to-the-sky pink balloon), so I'm guessing the non-hair cut hair cut was a success!

3 comments:

Tedi said...

Glad the haircut was a success! And no you aren't alone in having a good hair day on the day you are going to get it cut it happens to me almost every time.

whitney said...

I agree, I almost ALWAYS have good hair when going to get it cut! grrr.

Leah is just so beautiful! I love her hair at whatever length!

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

I had to comment when I saw you said it would be like her voluntarily shredding her baby blanket--when Jeff was little, his parents read somewhere that kids shouldn't have a comfort item, and that it wouldn't do you any good to get rid of it, the kid had to destroy it himself. So they made his sister take a pair of scissors and literally cut her baby blanket into little pieces. Apparently she was bawling the whole time, and I think this is a perfect excuse to blame any problems on :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...