Is it any wonder that our kids are so enamored by Jason? He isn't around very much (read- not many opportunities to lose his temper or scold anyone) and he does really cool things with the kids all the time.
I think it kind of hurt Leah's feelings when she asked me who my "best, best, best, BEST Valentine is" and I said Jason, but it's true. He does so much for me, so much for our family, and rarely complains. He is my best Valentine of all.
Jason is always encouraging me to try new things, take myself out of my comfort zone, and give myself a little slack. He suggested that we start double dating, and, while I think it sounds so fun, I'm right back to my geeky high school self, wondering who we'll go out with and whether or not they'll really like me... er... us.
Right now he's sanding away at my Valentine's Day gift... big reveal coming soon.
He's getting ready to take his prelims this week- the tests that will determine just how much more time we will be here at Purdue before he is ready to graduate. He's confident, his advisor is confident, so I'll be confident, too. Not that we are in any rush to leave Indiana, it's just that we're coming up on 10 years of college, so a light at the end of the tunnel would be nice. Eventually.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment