Sunday, February 12, 2012

Temple Square

First up on our list of "Must-Do's" while in Utah was a trip to Temple Square.  Jason and I were married in the Salt Lake Temple and wanted to show our kids the beautiful Christmas lights.  It was cold, but we borrowed a double stroller, packed some hot chocolate and bundled up the kids to minimize the whining and maximize the fun!  It kind of worked. 
I loved walking around the grounds and pointing out the bench where Jason and I first talked about getting married, the windows into the nearby Roof restaurant where we had dinner the night Jason proposed, place where he knelt down and proposed, the temple doors we took our wedding pictures in front of, where we had our wedding luncheon in the nearby Joseph Smith Memorial Building.  I wanted to talk about the wonderful blessing that it is to have temples on the earth and to know that our family can be together forever.  Everyone else mostly just wanted to get the heck out of the cold.  Not that I blamed them.  It was pretty darn cold. 

Ever since our visit, whenever Adam sees a picture of the Salt Lake Temple, he says, "Dat is the bee-yootiful temple where you and Daddy were married!"  And when he sees a picture of the Christus statue he says, "Dat is the HUGE Jesus at the bee-yootiful temple where you and Daddy were married!" So I think it was a success.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...