In four months, we will be here-
But today we are here-
And I really wanted to be somewhere else.
So we decided to go here-
using our imaginations, of course.
Orange chicken was already on the menu for dinner, so I decided to make a trip out of it.
We made paper lanterns, ate on the floor with chopsticks, and learned a bit about Chinese culture.
We located China is on our big map-
and discovered fortune cookies.
(Important Life BC sidenote- on one of our first dates, Jason took me to P.F. Changs. My fortune cookie read, "Follow the advice of your heart." A few weeks later, we were engaged. I have that fortune taped into my journal, which I had to pull out to double check the saying after I stumbled over the words while telling the story to the kids. That journal will make for great reading-while -nursing material. Expect many more Life BC stories soon.)
My fortune today read, "You will find luck when you go home." A timely fortune considering my efforts to stay home today.
We all learned to say "hello" in Chinese ("knee-how!")
and our dragon puppet making efforts were abandoned when we could no long ignore the "put-me-to-bed" screams of Miss Emma.
Still, the night was a hit, and I'm especially fond of the new decoration in our toy room.
Since we want to make the very most out of our Disney trip, we are putting all of our extra pennies into our Disney fund. Part of that means we have decided not to go on as many mini-vacations as we might like to in the next few months. Maybe more nights like this will help us feel like we're going places anyway. The votes for our next trip's destination? Mexico (Jason), Italy (me), Candy World (Leah) or Utah (Adam)!




4 comments:
Or you could go to Hungary and make kokusz kocka:) and see if you remember those few words i tought you:)
Melanie, you impress/inspire me! I don't think I could muster up the energy to put all that together.
p.s. There is a section in the parenting magazine on Disney cruises! How timely. I will bring it to you soon!
I LOVE this idea! So fun.
Ahh, Melanie, you are the best mom ever! When I grow up, I wanna be as cool as you :)
Post a Comment