One day in Utah deserves it's own post. I took the kids to Provo for a walk down memory lane. Jason and I met there, went to school there, spent the first 5 years of our marriage there, and had our first two babies there, so there was a lot of ground to cover and memories to be shared. We went to story time at the Provo library (which is still completely amazing) then over to the duck pond at BYU.
The weather was beautiful and they had so much fun feeding the ducks an entire loaf of bread.
We walked up the hill to see the big fish,
then headed over to J-Dawgs for a tasty lunch.
Mmm... that sauce...
I drove around and showed the kids our first and second apartments (which surely were much larger and nicer when we lived in them!), the hospital where they were born, the Provo temple, the MTC, and the apartments we lived in when we first met. By then they were all asleep- we had walked all over campus and they were such troopers through it all. It was such a fun day! I'm glad we have continued to move forward in our lives, but a little piece of us will always miss the time we spent "south of campus"!
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
mmmm JDawgs....my mouth is watering
Oh J-dawgs... How we miss thee... I like what they've done with the boardwalk around the duck pond! Lots better than the muddy dirt. I'll bet kids fall in a lot less now! :)
Oh, the memories! This post made me reminisce of the days I used to walk Madison down to the duck pond daily. Fun times. And J-dawgs is the best. :)SO glad you guys had a good trip!
Post a Comment