Thursday, February 23, 2012

All About Leah


Leah loves to laugh.  

Leah loves to color.  I don't know if this is a pre-cursor to writing and reading, but she has developed the NEED to sit and color for at least 3 hours a day. 
In addition to coloring, she is trying her hand at composing music.  
 Her musical debut is called "Song for Mom".  She was quite impressed with how good it sounded when I played it on the piano for her.

Leah loves to dance.  She takes her ballet class very seriously- this is first position.
She has started learning her recital piece, and is so excited that she will get to perform in the same theater that we went to for the symphony earlier this month. 
She is a fantastic big sister.  She loves to "baby-sit" Emma while I am cooking dinner or taking a shower, and scared the pants off of me the other day when she picked Emma up and stood up with her.  She was disappointed that I wouldn't let her walk around with her.
I found out today that sometimes at night, Adam climbs into Leah's bed so they can snuggle and tell stories to each other about their favorite animals.  Those two play fantastically well together 95 percent of the time- puppy and kitty, babies, trains, cars, kitchen, and explorers are their favorite games.  The rest of the time they can be found arguing over who is really the boss of the Barbie computer.

Leah is so full of love.  The other day she came screaming through the house looking for me.  When she found me, she said, "Mommy!  I just needed to tell you that I love you!"
 Leah got her first progress report from preschool this week.  She is doing fantastically well in all of her letters, numbers, colors, and social skills, so we needed to celebrate.  Leah insisted that we eat cupcakes and drink non-spicy (carbonated) apple juice out of the fancy glasses.  So we did, and she loved it.  She kept saying, "This is the best treat ever.  This is just the best thing ever."

All About Leah (filled out for her church class)
Age: 5
My birthday is December 30th
I have 5 people in my family
My favorite food is macaroni and cheese
My favorite thing about Primary is singing songs
I choose the right by obeying my mommy
One of my favorite things to do is ride my bike
My favorite scripture story is Alma the Younger because he learned to say nice things
The most important thing I've learned in life so far is... 
I have learned about Jesus and how to zip up my coat.

2 comments:

beapinkal said...

Oh beautiful Leah! She is so pretty!!!! I want to see her dance one day:)

Amanda Duke said...

I love that Jesus and coat zipping are equally important things to learn about :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...