Monday, March 9, 2009

And It's A....


Healthy Baby!

And that's the most important thing. This baby has a beautiful spine, arms, legs and face. And that makes me so happy.

I've had no real idea either way if this baby is a boy or a girl, and I was too chicken to guess. Here were my arguments for either side, just to draw out the suspense.

Boy:
*This baby kicks and kicks and kicks! Not that boys do that more than girls, but Leah sure wasn't this active this early, so maybe it's a boy.

*Every dream I've had about babies since I've been pregnant has been about a baby boy.

Girl:
*Leah is a girl, she has lots of girl cousins and aunties, we are just a girl making family. Maybe it's a girl.
*I have a few more girl names I like. Maybe that's my way of knowing it's a girl.

Either/or:
*My closest contact to heaven (Leah) changes her mind daily. I heard "I have a baby brother and he's at school!" just as often as "I have a baby sister and she's coming to play with my toys!" No real help there...

So...

After the doctor's appointment today, we now know that it's




a




BOY!

And we couldn't be happier! He's healthy, active and beautiful. Jason especially is thrilled to know that he won't be a lonely man in the female-heavy Morales/Henscheid families. He can't stop smiling, and keeps saying things like, "camp-outs! Little League! GI Joes!". I am thrilled, but feeling a little nervous- I may be a mom, but I've never been a boy's mom before! But either way, here he comes!

Oh, and can you tell the guy liked printing pictures of the baby? There are a dozen of them! And those boxes behind me are full of Leah's baby clothes, most of which will just be packed up and stored for a future little sister.

14 comments:

Rachel said...

yah! i'm so happy for you. the suspense was too much.

Aubrey said...

woohoo! my vote was right! do i win a prize? :) i'm so excited that you guys will have a little boy in the house. you are a great mother! you can mother a boy.. they are different for sure, but fun nonetheless!

beapinkal said...

yaaaaaaay, i'm so so so ecxited for you!!! Boys are fun!

Adrienne said...

horay for boys! You will have so much fun with him!

Erica said...

Congrats! You will be a great boy mommy!

Any tricks on how you got a boy? Justin would be dying to know ;)

elise and jeff said...

That is so awesome!!! Congrats- I will have no idea how to deal with a boy if I ever have one:)

Kristin Hanson said...

Congrats!!! Bpys really aren't that much different than girls, just a little more laid back. That's coming from 3 years of nannying 5 boys - not the same as mothering, I know, but they were a lot of fun!

Nat said...

Congratulations!! We are so completely thrilled for you!!

Carolyn said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! What a great new adventure to come!

Mrs. S said...

What great news! Congrats!

christa said...

I love the way you write your posts, that was some good suspense, I thought you guys decided not to find out or the legs were crossed! Happy Baby Boy!! Very exciting, now I can come to you for tips if I ever get a boy!

Leah Florence said...

congrats!!!! That is such good news. I remember when with Leah you also said the most important thing is that the baby is healthy...so congrats on him being healthy and being a boy. I think little brothers to sisters are so cute!

Krista said...

Congrats! I also want to know how to make a boy??? Our families are full of girls too;)

TD Quong said...

I just can't help but be completely thrilled for you! You are such a good mom--don't even worry about being a "boy mom"! I hope you come up with some good boy names--they are tough!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...