Jason: I was talking with Torbert today...
Leah: Who's Torbert?
Jason: My boss at work.
Leah: Just like Mommy is the boss in the house!
Smart girl.
Sometimes the look on her face screams, "What you are doing right now is going to mess me up for years to come" when all I'm trying to do is help her understand the importance of wearing weather-appropriate clothes or "wipe and THEN flush!" Plus, for all the love she has for her baby brother, all day I hear "Adam's touching me! Adam's taking my toys!" She is growing up, which I'm so grateful for, but Lord, please help my mothering skills to catch up with her.
6 comments:
oh yeah....i know what you are talking about. So fun hah?:)
i meant not being a toddler anymore. Bence is like that too.
I love preschoolers. They dish out words and advice so well to mommy sometimes. I often think, "ouch, that hurt!" or "Yah, I guess you are really right this time"! Leah definitely will keep you on your toes. But just remember that she has a higher comprehension level. So you can say things to her, not in a mean way of course, but things that she will TOTALLY understand now. Have fun... I really do love this stage!
LOVE the conversation! She surely knows who the boss is! :)
hugs :)
your last line cracks me up. Oh yes. That could be my prayer every day (although I must say almost 5 is WAY better than just barely 4. I honestly did not know if we were going to all come out of 4 with our sanity intact. So there is hope!!!)
oh how i hear ya. that is my life to the tee right now!!!
Post a Comment