Thursday, July 8, 2010

One Small Step...


I'm not sure at what point you declare that your child is walking, but Adam is almost there! He can confidently take 5 or 6 steps toward his desired destination, and he showed me and Leah this morning that he can even walk around in a little circle.

And the words are coming, too! This is probably my favorite baby milestone. It's just so nice finally know what is going on in that little head! The word of the day is "ball", and other favorites include "hat" and "da" (for Daddy- my goodness is he a Daddy's boy!). The best one is "Leeeaaaahhhhh"- and it makes sense that it's the first name he can say since it's the name I call out the most.

And for the times when the words don't come, Adam has become a master at signing "more". If there are bananas, strawberries, or blueberries in sight, he will fling aside whatever is in his hand to frantically sign, "more! more!". I just love it.

2 comments:

beapinkal said...

I can't believe how big Adam gets in every week. Love you guys

whitney said...

He's definitely walking in my book! yay! yay! for talking!!! That's my favorite milestone too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...