Saturday, August 28, 2010

What's Up With Jason?

I haven't seen much of the hubs in the last month or so, but now that pollinating season is over, he is no longer required to spend 12 or more hours a day at the farm. And with the harvest still a few weeks off, we actually get to spend some time together. It's a little like adjusting to life with a retired husband, I'm guessing. I get to include him in my plans for the weekends and we even get to go out at night on occasion. But he's so helpful, strong, and even tan (a feat for this white boy!) that I certainly don't mind having him around.

Tonight we are having friends over to play games. I'm only mildly concerned about Jason's behavior. He is a mild farmer, but he's also one heck of a game Nazi. This is the guy who once was scolded by his father-in-law for giving him mother-in-law such a hard time about following the rules. And since he's the Elder's Quorum President in the ward now, I think he'd better be on his best behavior tonight.

Post-script addendum- Jason just took off with the kids, giving me glorious afternoon by myself! Oh, the possibilities of what I can accomplish! Yes, I'm definitely glad he's back!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...