A few weeks back, Leah was the last to wake up at naptime. She came downstairs to find Adam, Emma, and I playing. "Mom!" she declared. "It's supposed to be naptime!" I explained to her that naptime was over, and that she had already slept for 2 hours. "Oh," she said. "Well... that was short!"
My children have no concept of time. Minutes, hours, days, and years all run together for them. Apparently days and nights fall into the same category.
They always come and check to see if it's time to get up. One of them will tiptoe into our room around 7:00 (where I'm usually still in bed, trying to catch a few more winks before the day starts) and ask, "is it morning time yet?". And if I say no, they go back to bed! Even if it's 8:00 in the morning. I wonder how long that trick will last.
Leah came into our room at 7:00 this morning and informed me that I never sent Daddy in to kiss them good night. She was right, I said so and sent her back to bed. And the kids slept on until 7:30, when Jason discovered that Adam had thrown up in the night. So our day began with laundry and baths, after which both kids thought they were supposed to go back to bed because it was the middle of the night. I really should have let them!
Adam fell asleep in the car today and slept for 40 minutes, then came home and said, "Mommy, I'm tiiiired. I want to take a nap." Music to my ears.
I even convinced my big girl to rest on the couch for a bit.
Now if I could just get Miss Emma to stop this new waking-up-every-two-hours-all-night-long trick that she has started, I'd be set!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment