And he's been quite consistent about using the potty ever since. Earlier this week we graduated to big boy underwear, which he has also been keeping dry- only two accidents so far. One happened right after he stayed dry during a 1.5 hour nap, and the other happened while he was playing at a park, so both understandable, in my opinion.
I casually mentioned to Adam the other day that I thought the seat part of his froggy potty would fit on a big toilet and keep him safe from falling in. He was very curious to find out of this was true, and it was! He's happy to use the big toilet now, as long as the froggy seat is attached. Thank goodness- that is much more manageable- and discreet.
We've now reached the stage where Adam wants to know if he can really use the potty anytime, any place. So, if we have 3 stops planned, I can plan on 3 trips to the bathroom. I don't love this stage, but I'm happy to show him all the potties in the world if it means that he'll use them!
The real amazing part is that he has kept his pull up dry at night, too. That is a really long time to not go potty! I'm just amazed that he's doing it, and I'm certainly knocking on wood about that one.
I never, never thought I would say this, but I actually think that potty training this time around (so far) has been kind of fun. I haven't really stressed over it or pushed it, so it's gone at Adam's pace, not mine. Which means he's ready. And it is really fun to stop everything else that I am doing to run into the bathroom and cheer along with Adam at the contents in the toilet. He insists that I jump once and clap my hands- sometimes I think he's the one training me! I am just so proud of him- and he is proud, too. The other day I said, "Way to go, Adam!" and he said, "Way to go, myself!" This is a HUGE milestone, and he's doing really great. I'm sure we still have a quite a ways to go before we're officially done (heck, Leah peed her pants just the other day... and I can think of the last time I did, too... whether I was pregnant at the time or not, I won't be saying) but we're well on our way!
No comments:
Post a Comment