A portrait- "It's woo, Mommy, and your eyes are all squiggly!"
Adam: Is Sadie a mom? (Sadie is Leah's favorite name, and is used for everything from her imaginary friend who recently moved to California to, in this case, one of those scary doll heads that you can put make-up on and style her ever-scraggly hair.)
Leah: No, Sadie's not a mom.
Adam: But she has milk things, see? She has milk things like a mom so she must be a mom.
*****
Adam likes to yell out a lot. Things like "Green means go and red means stop! So STOP!!!" or "Mom!!! Emma is STANDING!" You can hear that one here.
He randomly uses phrases that I think sound so cute coming out of his little two-year-old mouth. Like, "I want to drive my car and so I need a hard surface." or
*****
For announcements at our weekly Family Home Evening, each person gets a chance to tell what they are doing during the upcoming week. Adam always remembers that every other Tuesday, he and Leah get to play at a neighbor's house. And every time he says "Tuesday", he holds up his two fingers. To his two-year-old mind, it's "Two-sday".
*****
Leah: Mommy, you're the bestest mommy in the whole wide world. Give me an "M"!
Adam: M!
Leah: Give me an "O"!
Adam: O is for Ogre!
******
One of our favorite local pizza places is Puccinis. Adam insists on calling it King-ccinis, so he doesn't have to say "poo"... as in Poo-ccinis.
Me: It's a pinecone.
A: Oh yeah! I found this pinecone... it's shaped like a moon!
Adam: I can't go out because I LOVE YOU, LEAH!!!
Adam: No! Wait! Don't leave me because I am part of our family!!!
(I hate this trick, but it works every. single. time.)
*****
A: I found this... this... I found this thing but I can't remember what it's called. Me: It's a pinecone.
A: Oh yeah! I found this pinecone... it's shaped like a moon!
******
Leah: Go out, Adam. I need some alone time.Adam: I can't go out because I LOVE YOU, LEAH!!!
*****
Me: Okay, we're leaving. Bye, Adam! Adam: No! Wait! Don't leave me because I am part of our family!!!
(I hate this trick, but it works every. single. time.)
No comments:
Post a Comment