It's tradition to pull out my wedding dress and try it on. Leah looked radiant in it, I had to find solace in the fact that it fit the last time we were here (when I wasn't pregnant).
We had German puff pancakes with our friends Bea and her kids one morning-
And I had a quick visit with my sweet friend Rachael who was out visiting from Indiana.
Visiting friends has been one of my most favorite parts about being in Utah. I think that part of the reason that I am in no real hurry to head back to Iowa is because I have no good friends there yet (granted, we did only live there for 7 weeks before we took off for this nearly 7-week adventure). There are people I'm excited to get to know better, sure, and I realize that it takes time and effort to make real friends, but here I've had several opportunities to visit with many of my best friends of all, and it has been wonderful.
On Friday night Leah and I had a special date to see my little sister Allison perform in a scholarship pageant. She was just as adorable as could be, and Leah was completely enchanted by all of the beautiful dresses.
Saturday was the mermaid swimming party (coordinated by sweet cousin Sarah).
Swimming in the backyard has been another favorite highlight of our time here. And now, before we know it, another week has flown by! Only one week left before we start the trek back east.













1 comment:
Melanie, what a vacation you guys are having! Sounds like the kids are getting some wonderful Grandma time. Is planting season over for Jason or does that last most of the summer until the corn is harvested? We've been watching the corn fields transform around here. Lilly was asking to write Leah a letter yesterday but I never got around to helping her. We need to get your address!
Post a Comment