Friday, August 1, 2014

Emma-isms

When we're not trying desperately to figure our which fork is the only acceptable one with which a two-year old can eat her pancakes (which is especially tricky when plastic means silver and glass means plastic), or explaining to her why she really doesn't want her yogurt warmed up, we hear a whole lot of cuteness from Emma lately.  I wish I could follow her around with a recorder to capture it all.  
*****
After clipping off Noah's fingertip instead of his fingernail (a rookie mistake I haven't made since Leah was his age)

E- Mom... Stop hurting Noah.

M- Ok, I will. 

E- It's okay, though.  Sometimes accidents happen.  

M- That's right.

E- (patting me on the hand) Sometimes... Accidents... Happen.  
*****
E- I love you Mommy.

M- I love you.

E- You my best mommy in da world.

M- You're my best Emma.

E- You're my best mommy.  I love you.

I love you too.
*****
After having bitten off the eyes of her chocolate bunny- "Help!  Help!  I can't see anything!"
*****
M- Let me know if you get too hot and I'll give you a short-sleeve shirt to change into.  

E- I not too hot.  I nice and smooth.
*****
Crying in bed after her nap- You were gone... downstairs for too many long minutes.

Coming back into the house, in tears- Da children were squirting me in my EYEBALL!

As I'm trying to climb a rope structure with Adam at the playground- 'Mommy!  You need to get down because you are not a children!'

After I tried to color Emma's pictures according to her direction- "I don't like it!  Now it's all scribbled!"
 When she's tired- I can't walk anymore!  My leg is too stiff!
*****
Emma has discovered an unused drawer in our house that she has adopted as her own.  It makes a perfect place to stash her collections.  Now that I know it's there, I know just where to look when we're missing keys, shoes, or whisks.  

And she does this, which is just awesome-

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...