Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Don't Forget

When Noah gives a thumbs up, he sticks up his pointer finger (just like his siblings did at this age).

Last night Noah did a happy cheer and song when I came in to tuck him in, followed by "I just LOVE you, Mommy!" and a huge hug around the neck.

When I told Noah he could cook dinner, he patted my cheeks and said, "I can't!  I'm not a cooker!  You're a cooker!"

He does a million cute things every day, and rather than stress myself out about remembering them forever, or even long enough to blog about them, I just let the joyful moment wash over me and tell myself to remember the happiness that my last three-year-old brings.

Because there is a whole lot of happiness. 

Like discovering eggnog-
And hanging out with Mickey- 
And bundling up to play in the snow- 
But there's also a lot of "No!" and crying about not getting screen time and tearing books and refusing to put on his shoes or put away his toys, and relocating every Christmas decoration in the house- 
 
 And this- painting his own nails and giving himself a lotion hairstyle- 
 Thank goodness he (mostly) still holds still at naptime. 
My little sweetie-monster.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...