The rest of March just marched right on without a whole lot of fanfare. There have been a lot of gray and rainy days lately, but little by little we're seeing the green plants poke out and the tree buds appear. Spring is almost here!
In the meantime we've been climbing a lot of walls...
putting together a bunch of puzzles,
doing a little shopping in the "family store"
trying out new recipes (these green banana muffins were delicious!),
meeting new friends,
petting baby chicks,
enjoying the spiritual uplift and peace of a full weekend of general conference,
which means lots of crafts, candy, and family togetherness, as well as inspiring and comforting words from our church leaders,
and preparing a welcoming place for the birds that are a constant presence in our yard again. I love birds, and would totally get a birdbath if they weren't such an eyesore.
Instead I'll leave the decorating up to the kids.
I'm a control freak about a lot of things...
but feathers and pompoms isn't one of them. These houses are quite a pop of color against the gray, gray sky!
We spent one evening at the church, riding scooters, roller skating, and playing basketball, and the kids thought it was just about the funnest thing we've done all winter.
And I had a brithday. It was a Wednesday birthday, which is just tough. But I enjoyed a tasty breakfast for late start, shared cookies with my piano students, and had a delicious cake with the people I love most (plus some super fun presents to open!). I'm on the downhill slope to 40 now, which is very, very weird. But life is very good, so I'm not really complaining about that!
And so our days plod along. Not quite spring, but definitely not winter anymore, we are enjoying each day as it comes and looking forward to some of the funnest months of the year!



No comments:
Post a Comment