Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Noah-Isms

N, after spilling something on the floor- Oh for great!

M- You mean 'oh great'?

L- No, that's how he says it. 

*****

While accompanying me to the grocery store.

N- That person is buying candy.

M- That's fine.

N- Why is he buying candy?

M- Because some people like to buy candy.

N- I like to buy candy.

M- We're not buying candy today. 

N- Then why can he buy candy?

M- Because people can make their own choices with their money.

N- ... ... I want to make my own choices!

*****

M- Look!  Our crabapple tree is blossoming this year!  Soon there will be little crab apples on it.

E- Apples that you can eat?

M- No, they're too little to eat.  They're not really apples.

N- Are they crabs???

*****

N, while sitting on the couch- Daddy, can you give me a hug??

*****

N, while waiting his turn to talk at dinner table- I... I... I forgot what I was going to say!

*****

N- I just don't understand why I have to be the smallest person in this family!  I don't want to be the smallest person in this family!  I want to be bigger than all the other kids!  I should have been your first baby so I could be the biggest one of all!

M- Well, we could get a dog that is smaller than you.  Then you wouldn't be the smallest in our family anymore.

N- No!  That doesn't work!  I want to be a BIG KID!

*****


Noah, Noah, Noah.  In the hope that this has changed dramatically by the time you can read this, you need to understand that there was a time when you were grossly offended by pretty much everyone and everything in the world.  It is a personality trait that you brought with you from heaven.  At the time of writing you are four and three quarters and it hasn't let up much.  I'm sure as time goes by you will continue to lighten up and find less offense and offense by all of the things.

Your blanket that won't stay wrapped up tight.  Your brother that always scares you.  Your sister that left you upstairs alone.  Loud noises.  Neighbor kids who won't listen to you.
I hope.

And I love you!

1 comment:

Bea said...

I love these! My kids had funny saying while they were smaller - Nora still says funny things from time to time

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...