Monday, March 20, 2023

My Birthday!

Is there anything more magical than that one day of the year when you pause and reflect on your own life, growth, blessings and goals?  Birthdays are a wonderful thing, even when you're an adult and your birthday is on a very busy Wednesday.  But my piano students were sweet to celebrate with me!
And I felt very celebrated this year!  My birthday comes just before around the kickoff to spring break so it's a fun time all around!
My high school Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat musical sweatshirt is in constant rotation between me and my girls. It really didn't seem that long ago that I was dancing around in yellow platform heels and floral bellbottoms!
Oh, so many candles. 
Holy smokes these babies spoiled me with my very own first ever LEGO set!  Noah was an excellent teacher (I have never once followed the building instructions before, the kids have never needed my help) and it only took me about four days to fully finish my beautiful floral bouquet.  I think it almost killed the boys to wait that long to finish such a simple set but they were patient with me!
I also enjoyed a fancy hot bath, set up by Emma, 
and lots of sweet notes all around the house- my favorite from Noah said "Don't forget to wash your hands" and from Adam, on the ceiling above my bed, "We Love You!" and from Leah, appreciation for all of the things that I do that generally go unnoticed- "Thanks for Ubering us around!", "You make delicious food!", and "Laney thanks you for feeding her!" 
Ahh, the dream.  Some nights I can't wait any longer for bed and I let all of the babies tuck me into my bed.  They know this is my happy place, made even happier when they are here with me! For a few minutes anyway.... there is no way we can all squeeze in there for long, especially with Laney tap dancing all over us. Still, happy birthday to me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...