Friday, February 2, 2024

Mexico Day 3- Diving, Dinner and Dancing

The kids really, really wanted to get into the pool before we headed to dinner, so we went straight there once we got back from Chichen Itza. 
I wandered over to the beach for a quick minute- the water was shockingly blue!  We had no idea this is what we were playing in on our first night!
The kids were happy to be in the pool for the bit of time it was still open. 
No lifeguard meant extra tossing small children and chicken fighting. 
Daddy and I were happy to sit on the side and enjoy the warmth and the view.
Ahhh, what a perfect moment. And now that we're home we can look back and remember just how much fun it was to be in Mexico in January! I'd take another round of poolside pina coladas and palm trees right now.
Time to get fancy for dinner!
We tried the Asian restaurant this night, and it turned out to be almost everyone's favorite of the four  dinner restaurants. They had sushi, so we all tried sushi!
Chicken satay that tasted remarkably similar to home for the win!
I don't think there were any good desserts on this whole trip, but these tasty little chocolate dumplings were definitely a favorite. 
More mid-winter ice cream!
Chillin in the lobby and taking in the vibe.
We picked up on the plate full of french fries treat in Brazil, so why not enjoy it in Mexico as well!
We had a little photo shoot on the way over to the evening's entertainment.
Emma posed me!
And then we had the MOST FUN night of dancing.  The resort had a different kind of entertainment every night, and this night was dancing with headphones- only there were three different DJs! We could switch between songs whenever we wanted to, we could all dance to the same song if we wanted, and when we took our headphones off, the room was basically quiet.  It was awesome and hilarious and SO much fun. We all got super sweaty and afterward Leah said I must be a secret party animal because I had said I was tired but once the music started I went wild. She's not wrong!
Never Gonna Give You Up is the official soundtrack of these cuties childhood.
Man, that was such a fun night.  They passed out balloons and we all formed a Conga line and it was just a blast.  I love dancing and old people don't get to do it nearly enough. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...