There are two little monkeys who I shall not name that have figured out a little sleep hack. One likes to sleep in my dark and cool west-facing bedroom rather than their east-facing with pathetic-non-light-blocking curtains because otherwise "the sky is awake, so I'm awake, so we have to play", and the other little monkey has never slept in a room alone a day in their life (except when they slept in a crib) and is just willing to keep me company whenever I might need it, which is really so very thoughtful.
And while these two little monkeys would be completely mortified to ever admit this to anyone outside of our immediate family (pretend you aren't reading this if you're not), they are both hopeful and willing most nights to kick Daddy down to the basement and take their own turns in the big bed with 'the best pillows and the softest sheets'. And I don't mind one tiny little bit because these days are so numbered that I can almost count them on one hand.
And he'll never admit it but Jason actually loves sleeping in the basement, where he can toss and turn and cough and snore and stay up as late and get up as early as is his heart's content. We've got some musical beds going on in the house this summer and I kind of love it, mostly because I know it's not going to last forever. While I still can, why should I refuse these cute, well rested smiles!?
No comments:
Post a Comment