Monday, January 20, 2025

Jason's 39th or 47th Birthday!

The girls had wildly different guesses on how old The Father was turning this year- the correct answer is a mere 44.  (Also, I think I've mentioned this before, Jason no longer wants to be called Daddy.  I get it, but I hate it, and nothing else sounds quite right, although we've tried out Dad, Daddio, El Fadre, E.L. Fudge, J. Diddy, Poppy and Pops and every other ridiculous name we can come up with.) 

The Father's birthday landed on a very busy Thursday this year.  It was a perfectly adult birthday, with a few work meetings, kids concerts and practices filling the day up.  Even the traditional birthday massage had to come a day late this year.  But Jason did mention going to Zombie Burger with the sister missionaries for his birthday, and they weren't about to forget that offer!  So we took the three Swahili sisters out for burgers and fries and milkshakes on Jason's birthday, and that pretty much sums him up as a person.  Selfless, kind, and always happy to delicious good food.  
And we managed to enjoy a good birthday ice cream cake that evening!
I converted Jason's high school marching band VHS tapes to YouTube videos, so now he can relive the glory days anytime!
  The memories can be found here and here
He also wanted to go on an impromptu cruise with some of our favorite friends for his birthday.  We opted for a late night Zoom date instead.  
Happy birthday, Jason! Your hard work and love make our family's world go round. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...