Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Back to School

 Ooh we're back in the schools! Summer never feels long enough, but the pull of school always gets us eventually! 
Adam and Emma had to take each other's back to school pictures this year because Jason was out of town and I was zipping Noah over to Stilwell! Adam is a junior! All of the sudden he's on the downhill slope of high school, locking in, receiving college recruitement mail on the daily, and just as busy as ever. He sure is a good high schooler! This picture in the music hallway confirms. 
Emma is a freshman!!! EEP! She is ready to take on the world at Valley Southwoods, and has already stacked her academic, extracurricular and social calendars! 
Noah was sporting a sling on the first week of school, and if that didn't give him enough unwanted attention, getting cast as Prince Eric for the fall musical The Little Mermaid definitely did the trick! He has entered Stilwell with a bang and ready to uphold the Morales name!
And I went back to school too!
 I *hated* the week before school, when I had to be in the office and missed out on some of the last mornings with my babes, but I LOVED watching Adam sing the National Anthem at the district back to school meeting- the chance to connect with my kids during their school days is the entire reason that I have this job in the first place!
Jordan Creek, let's go!!! 
I bought myself a cute little desk fan and I use it every single day. 
I love flowers in the office! 
Our colorful media center.
On my first day of school, I got to say an extra close hi to the cows while I was waiting to grab Emma! 
Me and my new office partner Cora on the first day of school. I can't believe how much has already changed since I first accepted this job (new principal, new principal secretary, new responsibilities), but I'm rolling with it! 
The Chick-fil-a dinner tradition lives on! 
And so did the walk at the arboretum, this time with just me and Noah since the high schoolers had marching band practice. 
Jason and I joined in a back to school Christian prayer group- it was sweet and a bit different from how we pray in church, but not all that different from how we worship in the temple! IYKYK.
We used apples for our back to school banner this year! I guess that means we're ready for fall. 
All of us except Laney. She is never interested in the times when she has to be alone at home. I try to take her out as much as I can, which always ends up making more work for me and more anxiety for her. 
But we both love the afternoon snooze!
Back to school fit check!
Some days fancy, some days comfy! 
It's going to be a great year! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...