Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Name Calling

Leah is really into labeling right now, and wants to know the name of every thing and person she sees. When she wakes up from her naps, she points to everything in her room and asks, "What's this?" (Which actually sounds more like "Us siss?") and then we go around the room and name everything. She has a pretty impressive vocabulary, with words like "whale" and "hot dog" making their debuts daily.


She also loves names, and has grouped most parent/child teams into one person. We all know and love "Ahbee" (Megan and Aubrey Nelson, interchangeably), "Tredor" (Trevor Francis, the cool big kid neighbor) and my personal favorite "Anna" (the main character of a library book). And the newest team, "Bay-ah" (Bea and Bence Pinkal). It is so fun to hear all that Leah has to say!

6 comments:

Megan said...

So cute! I am constantly amazed at Leah's curiosity of the world around her! She is a smart little bug, isn't she? And I am happy to be called "Ah-Bee" any day:)

Crapos said...

What a cutie. I can't wait for mine to start talking. Love those new words!

beapinkal said...

What a cutie! I'm so happy that our kids love each other:) Leah is a such a sweet little lady. I love her! And yes...thanks for this video. It made my morning:)

Unknown said...

oh so fun.

Lauren Davison said...

you know, I've gotta say--I've been quite jealous of that sippy cup of her's for some time. I'm gonna have to get me one... :)

Rachel said...

did she say benton?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...