Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Celebrate Jason Week

Jason's 29th birthday is on Saturday. Since he doesn't get a whole lot of attention here, I thought I'd do 29 facts you may or may not know about Jason throughout the week, in no particular order.

1. Jason loves shopping for a deal. Black Friday is quite possibly his favorite day of the year, especially when there are presents to be bought (and money to be spent!) This picture was taken early one Black Friday morning years ago when he was trying to cheer me up with Krispy Kreme hot chocolate. It didn't work, and now he usually goes by himself.

2. Jason once shook President Hinckley's hand. He was ushering at a regional conference in Denver and helped Sister Hinckley down the steps from the stand, after which President Hinckley shook his hand and said, "Thank you, Brother Usher." I think he was maybe 12 at the time.

3. Jason is still very much a kid at heart. He loves to play tag, pillow fight, wrestle and tickle and gets a great sparkle in his eye when he's about to attack. I don't enjoy any of that so much, but it makes him very popular with the kids!

4. Jason has a secret passion for cooking. When he is in charge of dinner, he always scours cookbooks and the Internet for the perfect recipe. He isn't afraid to try new recipes, which I love (even if I don't love the food!). One day I'm going to send him to a culinary school in Europe so he can learn all of the great secrets. He also has a secret wish to work at Best Buy, just so he can get the discounts.

5. Jason plays the trumpet and was the drum major in high school, which, to me, is very sexy. My dad was the drum major in high school, too, so I've always thought it was very impressive. Even in high school, when I knew all about band geeks. I'm still very happy I married one.

1 comment:

christa said...

The Black Friday thing alone makes me love and appreciate your husband...Jeremy wouldn't do that in a million years. I love BF, even if I don't have a lot of money or anything in particular to get...I love the crazy people.
This is really fun, I've enjoyed every one of these facts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...