Here's a much happier looking picture of Jason's birthday celebration! The last post's picture looked a little gloomy... I think Jason was contemplating the weight of his new old age.

This little guy is ready for some food! We didn't start Leah on solids until she was 6 months old, and I was planning on doing the same for Adam, but he is so interested in food! He has started learning about a cup, and today we pulled up the high chair so he can start sitting with us during meals.

Leah had a 15 minute come apart while Jason put the high chair together because we told her that it was for Adam, not her. She is very generous to Adam on her own terms but does not appreciate being told no. (who does, really?) Finally I asked her how she thought Adam felt by seeing that she was not sharing with him, and she calmed down enough to get to join us for dinner, plus we pulled out the tray to her booster chair, which seemed to appease her. Sheesh.

I was invited to a cookie exchange last week. I'd never been to one before, and it was so fun trying all of the different cookies. Although, I must say, there was a surprising absence of chocolate. Maybe it's just me, but really, why bother making a cookie of you're not going to load it up with chocolate?

Just a cute picture of Leah laughing I found on the video camera.

I think of 100 things every day I could post about Leah and the funny things she says- everything from her stories about how she is "pregment" with her new baby sister Allah (an epic saga that really deserves it's own post) to how she frequently walks up to me with something she isn't supposed to have (like a Sharpie) behind her back and says, "Mom, don't see what's behind my back", or how she doesn't pronounce her "TH" sound, so her sentences come out like "Dis isn't da right thing." or how she always reminds me to "Say nice things to me" when I give her parental direction or "We don't step on things" when I accidentally step on the toy that she left in the middle of the floor.
She has an endless imagination, and spends most of her play time directing everyone else in her dream land. "You be cousin Sarah and Daddy can be Ethan and Adam can be Savanna" is the most frequent roll play. She talks about her cousins like they still live up the street, and just haven't been over for a while, even though she knows that they are in Utah and we're in Indiana. She is changing every day, and she definitely keeps me on my toes.

And this picture just warms my heart. I love watching Adam watching Leah and seeing how big and cool she is in his eyes. I hope they become the best of friends over the years... or at least don't beat up on each other and are willing to acknowledge each other's presence in high school.
I'm adding this old picture to 1) remind myself that I have blue eyes (Jason and Leah's are hazel, and Adam's are still dark baby-blue, so I'm always surprised whenever I see pictures of my blue eyes... guess I should look in the mirror more often) and 2) to prove, Mom, that Leah used to be a round little baby, too.

And I feel somewhat inclined to mention that I have been called to teach Relief Society in our new ward. To
real women with
real families and
real problems in our
real ward. This isn't the BYU student ward anymore... Talk about out of the frying pan. And my first lesson? The martrydom of Joseph Smith. Cheery, no? Please, please pray for me.
1 comment:
Looks like things are busy and fun! Can't wait to hear more about your lesson...
Post a Comment